2021 Garden Hills Pool Memberships go on Sale on Thursday, May 13th at 9:00 pm!
We anticipate a sell-out this year due to a reduction in available memberships, so please make note in your calendar!
The pool will open for Members Only for the weekend of May 22-May 23, and on Friday, May 28th!
Starting Saturday, May 29th, the pool will open to the public for Paid Admission,
with Free Admission hours beginning on June 25th
In order to open, we have received the following guidelines from the City:
- No more than 140 people inside the facility at one time – this # includes lifeguards and staff
- Masks are required when entering the facility and on the pool deck – they are not required while swimming. (We are working hard on this)
- We must allow for City of Atlanta Summer Camps to use the pool for at least 2 hours per day – up to 25 campers and counselors
- Sterilizing protocols for common areas and furniture must be practiced
- Any food sold at the facility must be pre-packaged – no hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs or ICEEs
We are using an online Reservations system to visit the pool this summer to help us abide by these requirements!
No one will be allowed in the pool without first making a reservation—it’s not an attempt to keep people out; it is to help us with contact tracing and to maintain our capacity limitations.
To begin the summer, we will have to limit the number of visits per week—with hopes that capacity limits will ease as the season progresses. For now, patrons who visit the pool, whether during Free Swim hours, Paid Admission Hours, or Members Only hours, will be able to reserve (3) 2-hour, non-consecutive sessions per week.
We know you have lots of questions; please read our FAQs sheet!
A few quick facts:
- Reservations may be made online, by calling the pool or by walk-ups, though walk-up visitors should know that they will most likely be reserving for a future visit, rather than day-of.
- The inaugural reservations link will go out via The Splash and posted on our website just prior to Opening Day for our May 22nd opening. (Phone/walk-up reservations may not be made until the link is live.)
- Subsequent Reservation links will be posted on the website and sent via the Splash in 1-week increments on Sundays at 3 pm.
- Non-members will pay $5/person during Paid Admissions sessions, and will not have access to Members Only hours.
- Free Swim Sessions will begin at 10:00 am on June 25th.
- The full schedule will be posted to the Calendar & Fees tab and the new Reservations tab when finalized.
- Please know we are very OPTIMISTIC that some restrictions will be lifted, and we will adjust our schedule accordingly!
Now, on to Memberships!
Due to reduced capacity restrictions, and the resulting reduced access, the GHPPA is offering 2021 memberships at a 20% reduction from our planned 2020 rates:
2021 Membership Rates
Individual – $160
Senior (65+ as of May 1st) – $120
Family of 2 – $250
Family of 3 – $310
Family of 4 – $330
Family of 5 – $350
- Memberships are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Memberships allow up to the designated number of individuals to be listed for pool access. Children born on or after August 31, 2019 are exempted from membership fees and should not be counted when determining the appropriate membership to cover all participants in a household. Participants on a single account must be either the Primary Account Holder’s partner, spouse, their direct descendant living at the same residence or a caregiver/nanny.
- Members enjoy early access to the pool prior to Memorial Day, before the public has access, and after Labor Day, when the pool closes to the public.
- Members have access all pool sessions each day, including two additional sessions daily that are designated as Members Only.
Once the link is live, here are helpful instructions on how to navigate the process:
You do not have to be a member to enjoy Garden Hills Pool…
You may visit the pool during Free Swim and Paid Admission Sessions. Free Swim hours begin on June 25th. All City of Atlanta Public Pools are mandated to charge a consistent admission fee of $5 for all patrons (non-members).
Schedule for Non-Members:
Saturday, May 29th-Wednesday, June 24th: 12 pm-4:15 pm (2 Sessions)
Thursday, June 25th-August 4th: 12:15 pm-4:30 pm (2 Sessions)
Thursday, June 25th-August 4th: 10:00 am-12 pm (1 Session)
After August 4th, Non-Members will have limited access through Labor Day, September 6th.
We recognize that these restrictions to all of our pool visitors this summer are inconvenient and are a significant change from normal operations. The all-volunteer Garden Hills Pool & Park Association Board of Directors is doing our best to provide a safe and fun experience for the community and our staff within the guidelines set by the City of Atlanta Parks Department. Each member of the pool staff, regardless of their youth, is required to implement City policies in this complex time, and we ask that all visitors keep this in mind and are respectful to our staff while they enjoy the pool!
We know that you will have a lot of questions, and we will do our best to post updates. We are developing these protocols and solutions in a very expedited timeframe. If you can’t find answers to your questions on the website, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
Be sure to subscribe to The Splash! newsletter so our latest updates go directly to your inbox!